- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
McG is returning to the world of science fiction and the supernatural, with his banner Wonderland Sound & Vision in early negotiations to produce Day 38, a found-footage thriller that Syfy Films picked up last week.
Commercial helmer Richard Farmer is in talks to make his feature debut on the pic, which follows a group of stormchasers who face a Category 5 tornado and find themselves fighting off a force even greater than they imagined. Writing duo Gabe Scott and Chris Rossi penned the script.
The project was developed in-house at Wonderland. McG and the company’s features president Mary Viola will produce.
Farmer has worked on commerical for The Sims, Nintendo, Activision and Mini Cooper. His video for Gnarls Barkley’s Run won two MTV Music Awards.
McG, who also got his start in the commercials and music-video world, worked in the sci-fi realm when he directed Terminator Salvation. He also is an executive producer on the CW show Supernatural. His latest directing gig, This Means War, opens next week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise
Karlovy Vary International Film Festival