- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sandra Oh helps Cheng Pei Pei try a few new things in the trailer for Meditation Park, which The Hollywood Reporter debuts exclusively.
The drama stars Cheng as a devoted wife and mother who is forced to reassess her reverence for her husband after she finds another woman’s underwear in his laundry. She embarks on a journey of self-discovery by engaging with the world around her — something her husband has always discouraged. Oh plays her daughter, alongside Tzi Ma and Don McKellar.
Mina Shum wrote and directed the film, which features insight into the experiences of first-generation immigrant women. For example, the trailer previews the world in which the wives are expected to be confined: “First, we obey our fathers; then, our husbands. When they’re gone, we obey ourselves.”
Meditation Park will make its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. Mongrel Media is handling the film’s sales and will be releasing it domestically in Canada.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day