- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Titan Comics’ Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor debuts in comic book stores and digitally this July, it’ll break with tradition for the tenth incarnation of the long-running Time Lord by pairing him with a companion who — shockingly — doesn’t come from the U.K. THR has an exclusive first look at Gabriella Gonzalez.
The new companion, created by series creators Nick Abadzis, Robbie Morrison and artist Elena Casagrande — who is responsible for the images above — is a New Yorker, described by Titan as being “stuck in a dead-end job in her family’s laundromat, dreaming of college and bigger, better and brighter things.”
The initial story arc of The Tenth Doctor series takes place after the end of the BBC show’s fourth season, in which previous companion Donna Noble almost died as a result of her time with the Doctor, making the Time Lord somewhat reticent to bring someone new onto the Tardis — although, as fans of the television series know all too well, occasionally the Doctor can end up with companions even when he doesn’t really want them.
Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor launches July 23, accompanying Titan’s Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor series debut the same day.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day