- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mel Gibson has struck a plea deal with the L.A. County District Attorney to avoid jail time, sources tell the Associated Press.
The actor is expected to plead guilty to a misdemeanor count of domestic violence, the Los Angeles Times reports, ending the investigation into whether Gibson struck ex girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, with whom he has a young daughter, in January.
Gibson will appear in court Friday.
Mel’s lawyer, Blair Berk, released the following statement to TMZ: “I know from almost 20 years as a criminal defense lawyer that sometimes justice can come for a client at too high a personal price. That is particularly so for Mel, whose right to due process can only be exercised in this case with an enormous media circus attached.”
“Mel’s priority throughout all of this has been that the best interests of his young daughter Lucia and the rest of his children be put first in any decisions made. It is with only that in mind that he asked me to approach the District Attorney with a proposal that would bring all of this to an immediate end.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day