- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Melissa McCarthy will receive the Distinguished Artisan Award at the 6th annual Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards, which are set to be held Feb. 16 at the NOVO at L.A. Live.
“It is with respect and joy that we are able to honor Melissa McCarthy, a true friend to our crafts of make-up artistry and hair styling,” Local 706 president Sue Cabral-Ebert said Wednesday in a statement. “Melissa collaborates with our creative artisans in every character she develops — whether it’s the SNL parody of Sean Spicer or the true-to-life author Lee Israel. We want to let Melissa know how greatly she is appreciated, she is so deserving of this award. This is also a historic moment as Melissa is the first woman to ever receive this honor from our guild.”
For McCarthy’s role as Megan in Bridesmaids, she received Oscar, BAFTA and Screen Actors Guild award nominations. In television, she has won Emmys for Mike & Molly and Saturday Night Live.
McCarthy can currently be seen starring in Fox Searchlight’s Can You Ever Forgive Me?, for which she has earned Golden Globe, Critics’ Choice and SAG award nominations. Her credits include The Boss, Spy, St. Vincent, Ghostbusters and Warner Bros./New Line’s upcoming The Kitchen and Super-Intelligence.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day