- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The new trailer for the long awaited sci-fi action comedy hit the web early Monday, giving a deeper look at the back-in-time adventure that sends Smith’s Agent J to the swinging 1960s. As it turns out, Jones’ Agent K was dead during the first two blockbuster films — how’s that for a years-in-the-making twist? — and J has to go back in time to fight an attack that could change the course of history.
There to greet him is a young and spry K, played by Brolin with a deadpan equal to Jones’ trademark gruff straight guy character.
Bill Hader, playing Warhol, gets in on the fun, which pits the era’s distinct motif with technology from the future, which seems even more anachronistic given the setting. Jemaine Clement, best known for being one half of the comedy musical duo Flight of the Conchords, also gets in on the action, playing a villain named Boris.
The film, directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, hits theaters on May 25.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day