- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Meryl Streep is reteaming with her The Devil Wears Prada director David Frankel for Great Hope Springs, a comedy from Mandate Pictures.
Guymon Casady of Film 360 and Todd Black of Escape Artists are producing the project, whose Vanessa Taylor-penned script was on the Blacklist.
It centers on a middle-aged couple who after thirty years of marriage attend an intense counseling weekend to examine the intimacy issues that are threatening their marriage.
Mandate hopes to get cameras rolling in August 2011.
Film 360 and Escape Artist teamed up for the project, approaching Mandate for finanacing. Lionsgate will be handling international sales.
Mandate president Nathan Kahane, Escape Artists’ Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch will executive produce. Mandate’s Lawrence Grey will co-produce. Escape Artists’ Chris Coggins and Lance Johnson will serve as associate producers.
CAA-repped Streep is currently shooting The Iron Lady, based on the life of Margaret Thatcher
Frankel is repped by WME and Anonymous Content while Taylor is repped by UTA and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day