- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Young newcomer Travis Tope has booked the male lead opposite Addison Timlin in MGM’s The Town That Dreaded Sundown.
The story centers on a rural Texarkana town that was stalked by a serial killer in 1946. The maniac was never caught and in 2013, he comes back.
Timlin plays a young high schooler being raised by her grandmother who’s targeted by the mysterious killer. Tope will play a classmate who befriends Timlin’s character and decides to make a documentary about the search for the killer. The pic begins shooting in May in Louisiana.
The part is a coup for Tope, who auditioned via tape for a couple of Hollywood productions while based in Plano, Texas. Nothing took, but he was encouraged enough to move to Los Angeles. He was in town for a whole 10 days before he nabbed the Sundown part, beating out at least two other more established young actors, according to sources.
He is repped by Anonymous Content’s Trevor Adley and Doug Wald.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day