- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount has picked up The Rising, a pitch from Soo Hugh, a writer who worked on AMC’s The Killing.
Platinum Dunes’ Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller are producing.
Details are being kept under wraps, but the story is said to be in the vein of Eagle Eye, the Shia LaBeouf techno-thriller, and The Usual Suspects, Bryan Singer’s twisty crime thriller.
Hugh hails from the TV world, having worked not only on The Killing but also on ABC’s adventure show The River. She is currently on Zero Hour, the network’s thriller that debuts this fall. Earlier this year, she sold the original pilot Infection, which she is developing for ABC. Rising is her first foray into film.
Her action-adventure résumé makes her one of the rare women working in the generally male-dominated genre arena.
Hugh is repped by WME and Circle of Confusion.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day