- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scott Rosenberg has been tapped for polish and punch-up duties on Pain & Gain, the dark-comedy action thriller being directed by Michael Bay.
The Paramount movie is small-scale compared to Bay’s Transformers movies ($200-plus budgets compared to this one’s $35 million) and is based on the true story of body builders in Miami Beach who headed a kidnapping and extortion ring that went awry.
Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson are starring in the pic alongside Ed Harris, Tony Shaloub, Anthony Mackie and Bar Paly.
The movie will shoot in Miami later in March.
Rosenberg was part of the crew that made high-flying action movies in the late 1990s, including Con Air and Gone in 60 Seconds. He infamously wrote the Animal Crackers scene for Bay’s Armageddon.
WME-repped Rosenberg recently set up a spec titled The Hauntrepreneur at Paramount with Bay producing via his Platinum Dunes production company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day