- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scott Rosenberg has been tapped for polish and punch-up duties on Pain & Gain, the dark-comedy action thriller being directed by Michael Bay.
The Paramount movie is small-scale compared to Bay’s Transformers movies ($200-plus budgets compared to this one’s $35 million) and is based on the true story of body builders in Miami Beach who headed a kidnapping and extortion ring that went awry.
The movie will shoot in Miami later in March.
Rosenberg was part of the crew that made high-flying action movies in the late 1990s, including Con Air and Gone in 60 Seconds. He infamously wrote the Animal Crackers scene for Bay’s Armageddon.
WME-repped Rosenberg recently set up a spec titled The Hauntrepreneur at Paramount with Bay producing via his Platinum Dunes production company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day