- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Caine will join Vin Diesel in Lionsgate’s supernatural action film The Last Witch Hunter.
Breck Eisner is directing the project, which will also star Game of Thrones actress Rose Leslie, as exclusively reported by THR. The story centers on an immortal witch hunter (Diesel) who partners with his natural enemy, a female witch, to stop the covens of New York City from unleashing a plague on humanity.
Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama (Gods of Egypt) wrote the script based on a pitch by Cory Goodman. D.W. Harper and Melisa Wallack also worked on the script.
Mark Canton, Bernie Goldmann and Diesel are producing the movie, with Samantha Vincent of One Race and Adam Goldworm executive producing.
Erik Feig, co-president of Lionsgate Motion Picture Group, Geoff Shaevitz, Summit Entertainment’s president of production, and Matthew Janzen, Lionsgate vp production and development, are overseeing the project for the studio.
Caine, whose recent credits include Now You See Me and Inception, recently wrapped shooting The Youth, directed by Paolo Sorrentino. He will next be seen in Matthew Vaughn‘s Kingsman: The Secret Service, and Christopher Nolan‘s Interstellar. He’s repped by ICM Partners, 42 in the U.K. and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show