- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Cera and Tavi Gevinson are set to star in director Dustin Guy Defa’s Human People, alongside Broad City‘s Abbi Jacobson.
The pic is a day in the life of several New Yorkers as they navigate their personal relationships.
The ensemble cast also includes Isiah Whitlock, Michaela Watkins, Ben Rosenfield, Buddy Durress, George Sample III, Bene Coopersmith and Philip Baker Hall.
Cera is best known for his role on the TV show Arrested Development, and for his work in such movies as Superbad and Scott Pilgrim v. The World.
Gevinson, who started the lifestyle blog/magazine Rookie, has previously acted in the film Enough Said.
Cera and Gevinson appeared together in a recent Broadway production of Kenneth Lonergan’s This Is Our Youth.
Sara Murphy, Toby Halbrooks, James M. Johnston, Allison Rose Carter and Jon Read are producing the project. Joe Swanberg, Eddie Linker, Peter Gilbert, Matthew Perniciaro and Michael Sherman are acting as executive producers on the film, which is currently shooting in New York.
Cera is repped by ICM, Thruline Entertainment and Litcher Grossman; Gevinson is with UTA and Lichter Grossman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day