- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Starship Trooper‘s Michael Ironside and Munro Chambers are top-lining Turbo Kid, an indie action comedy from the directing trio of Anouk Whissell, Francois Simard and Yoann-Karl Whissell.
The Canada-New Zealand co-production is set in post-apocalyptic 1997, where an orphaned teenager called “The Kid” scavenges the wasteland searching for relics from a better time during the 1980s.
Ironside will play Zeus, a sadistically droll maniac, while Chambers (Degrassi: The Next Generation) will perform the role of The Kid.
The ensemble cast includes Laurence Leboeuf, Aaron Jeffery, Edwin Wright and Romano Orzari as Bagu.
The film, now shooting in Montreal, is produced by Anne-Marie Gelinas and Benoit Beaulieu of EMA Films and Ant Timpson and Tim Riley of T&A Films.
Epic Pictures will release Turbo Kid in the U.S. market and serve as international sales agent.
Raven Banner has picked up the Canadian rights to Turbo Kid, excluding Quebec, where Filmoption International will release the picture.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day