- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael J. Fox says the world premiere of Back to the Future was memorable for a few reasons, one being that Princess Diana sat next to him — but he called it a “nightmare.” The beloved actor dropped by The Tonight Show on Wednesday to mostly talk with Jimmy Fallon about his new book: No Time Like the Future: An Optimist Considers Mortality.
Fallon said he wanted to get to the bottom of a few rumors about Fox’s past, which is when he asked if it was true Princess Diana sat next to him at the Back to the Future premiere in London.
Fox confirmed the story was true.
“She was sitting next to me, and the lights go down and I realize I am one fake yawn and arm-stretch away from being on a date,” Fox joked. “But then what happened, the movie started and I had to go pee. So, I am sitting there in agony. I can’t say anything to her, and I can’t turn my back on her. So the rest of the night was a nightmare, a pee-floating nightmare.”
Asked if she enjoyed the film, Fox recalled, “She seemed to laugh a couple of times — she wasn’t booing it.”
Watch the full interview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day