- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Michael is the final addition to the amazing cast we have assembled for this film, and it is so great to have the last puzzle piece in place,” Padilha said in a statement. “It is thrilling that everything has come together to bring this innovative new vision of RoboCop to life. We’ve got a great script, a great cast, some killer ED-209s, and I can’t wait to get Alex Murphy back on the streets.”
Heat Vision broke the news of Laurie’s involvement back in June but a deal didn’t come together and Laurie and the movie’s makers parted ways late last week. Keaton now takes over the role of the evil and ultra-rich CEO of Omnicorp, the company that makes RoboCop.
Keaton’s last major film appearance was in 2010’s The Other Guys and he voiced the part of Ken in Toy Story 3. He is repped by ICM Partners and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Lost Daughter