- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Mantenuto, known for his role as Jack O’Callahan in the Disney sports film Miracle, about the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team, has died. He was 35.
His death was ruled to be a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, the King County medical examiner’s office in Seattle stated. He was found in his car at Saltwater State Park on Monday afternoon.
Mantenuto, a University of Maine hockey star before getting his acting break in Miracle, starred alongside Kurt Russell in the film chronicling the miraculous victory of the U.S. hockey team over the much favored Soviet Union team.
Mantenuto starred as the real-life player O’Callahan, the fun-loving defenseman.
Mantenuto went on to land a supporting role in the 2006 TV movie Dirtbags and a small role in the 2008 comedy Surfer, Dude before quitting acting and joining the Army, where he joined the Special Forces.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day