- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Columbia Pictures has upped Michael Marshall to executive vp business affairs.
Marshall is the studio’s man to negotiate development- and production-related deals for feature projects, including rights acquisitions and personal services deals for writers, directors, producers and actors.
“Mike has been instrumental in the dealmaking on some of our most valued and important motion pictures properties, and we couldn’t be more proud to recognize his contributions with this well-deserved promotion,” said Andrew Gumpert, Columbia’s president of business affairs and operations.
Marshall joined Columbia in 2008 as senior vp business affairs, with the new Spider-Man, Men in Black 3 and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo among the projects he is overseeing.
Before Columbia, Marshall worked at Our Stories Films, Marvel (where he helped execute deals on The Hulk and Iron Man) and Dimension (where he drafted agreements for many Robert Rodriguez movies).
The Pepperdine and University of California-Berkeley grad also has worked Universal Pictures, Arama Entertainment and MGM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival