- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Michael Pena is in negotiations to reteam with End of Watch director David Ayer for the filmmaker’s latest project, Fury.
The World War II tank thriller from Sony Pictures and QED International stars Brad Pitt and co-stars Shia LaBeouf and Logan Lerman.
The story, set in the waning days of the second Great War, revolves around the five-man crew of an American tank named Fury that runs across a desperate German division.
STORY: Brad Pitt Starrer ‘Fury’ to Hit Theaters in November 2014
Ayer wrote the script and is directing,
Pena will play the tank’s driver, a butcher who always is drunk — having vowed never to go into combat sober. Pitt plays a battle-hardened sergeant named Wardaddy.
Pena was an integral part of Ayer’s End of Watch, starring opposite Jake Gyllenhaal in the police thriller and giving a performance that was much praised. He most recently appeared in Gangster Squad and is voicing a character in DreamWorks Animation’s Turbo.
Pena is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Stone Meyer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day