- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A foursome of stars have come together for upcoming heist thriller Echo Boomers.
Nick Robinson (Love, Simon; Jurassic World; Everything, Everything), two-time Oscar nominee Michael Shannon (Nocturnal Animals, Revolutionary Road, Man of Steel), Britt Robertson (The Longest Ride, Girl Boss, Tomorrowland), and Alex Pettyfer (I am Number Four, Elvis & Nixon) have joined the film, launched by Fortitude International at the AFM in Santa Monica.
Based on a true story, Echo Boomers centers on a group of disillusioned 20-somethings who use Chicago as their playground by breaking into the homes of the wealthiest citizens, stealing from the rich and — in a twist on the classic Robin Hood tale — giving to themselves. Fortitude International holds the foreign rights.
Writer Seth Savoy will be making his directorial debut on the film, which Kevin Bernhardt will also receive a writing credit for. Byron Wetzel, Sean Kaplan, Mike Ware, Jeff Waxman and James Langer are attached to produce. Frankie Ordoubadi of Moment 2 Moment Entertainment exec produces.
CAA Media Finance will represent the domestic rights. Production is to begin January 2019, with more cast to be announced shortly.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day