- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Stuhlbarg, one of the key players on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire and the star of the Coen brothers’ A Serious Man, has been cast in Men In Black 3.
Will Smith and Josh Brolin lead the cast of the third installment of Columbia’s sci-fi comedy being directed by Barry Sonnenfeld and currently in production. The 3D movie is scheduled for a May 25, 2012 release.
The studio isn’t revealing too many details about the film, although it is known to feature a time travel element, allowing Brolin to play a young Tommy Lee Jones and Alice Eve, a young Emma Thompson, as the MIB agents try to save the world in 1969.
Stuhlbarg will play a character called “Griffin.” Sharlto Copley circled the role late last year, but a deal never materialized.
The actor, repped by ICM and Viking Entertainment, plays gangster Arnold Rothstein in Boardwalk Empire. He will next be seen on the big-screen in Hugo Cabret, Martin Scorsese’s adaptation of the children’s book by Brian Selznick.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day