- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michelle Monaghan has joined Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan in The Coup, an action thriller that John Erick Dowdle — the helmer behind Devil and Quarantine — will direct from a script he co-wrote with his brother, Drew Dowdle.
The story revolves around American family that moves to Southeast Asia and finds themselves embroiled in a violent coup where rebels mercilessly attack the city. Monaghan will play Wilson’s wife.
Crime Scene Pictures’ Adam Ripp and Rob Paris are financing and are producing with Steve Alexander and Drew Dowdle. Rizal Risjad and Philip Elway will executive produce.
Sierra/Affinity will be handling international sales beginning at Cannes, and CAA is representing the U.S. rights.
The project is aiming for an October start.
Monaghan, repped by ICM, DF Management and Sloane Offer, recently wrapped a starring turn in thriller Penthouse North.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day