- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michelle Pfeiffer will play Chris Pine’s mother in Welcome to People, the DreamWorks movie that is acting as the feature-directing debut of screenwriter Alex Kurtzman.
People follows a businessman who returns home after his estranged father’s death and discovers that he has an alcoholic sister with a 12-year-old son.
He is forced to reexamine his own life while trying to form new bonds with his family.
Pfeiffer joins a cast that also includes Elizabeth Banks and Olivia Wilde.
Kurtzman is producing with Roberto Orci and Bobby Cohen. The script was written by Kurtzman, Orci and Jody Lambert.
People is scheduled to begin shooting in Los Angeles next week.
Pfeiffer, repped by CAA and Management 360, recently booked a role in New Line’s ensemble dramedy New Year’s Eve.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day