- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Riz Ahmed is also on the call sheet for Sony’s movie set in its Spider-Man-centric universe of Marvel characters that is being directed by Ruben Fleischer.
The project is one of Sony’s top priorities and the studio has set an Oct. 5, 2018, release date.
Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner wrote the script.
Character details were not revealed.
If a deal should make, it will mark a change of pace for Williams, who is a four-time Oscar nominees for dramas such as Manchester by the Sea, My Week With Marilyn, Blue Valentine and Brokeback Mountain.
She tends to eschew big-budget, visual effects-heavy fare but did co-star with Rachel Weisz and James Franco in Disney’s Wizard of Oz prequel Oz the Great and Powerful, directed by Sam Raimi.
She will next be seen in Todd Haynes’ drama Wonderstruck, which opens in October and is seen as a possible awards contender. Williams also appears in Fox’s circus-themed Hugh Jackman musical The Greatest Showman.