- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thorne will portray a young woman who returns to her small hometown intent on killing her abusive father, only to discover someone else has gotten to him first. As she searches for answers, she uncovers a family legacy more dangerous than imagined. Rourke plays the local sheriff.
Rourke, the Oscar-nominated actor (The Wrestler) also known for his roles in such films as 9 1/2 weeks, Angel Heart and Sin City, appeared recently in the dramedy Ashby and in the indie boxing tale Tiger.
Girl marks Faust’s feature directorial debut after he wrote and helmed the short films Baby Bleed and Oh God. The thriller is set to start shooting Sept. 19 in northern Ontario.
Double Dutch International began shopping Girl to international buyers in Berlin and will continue sales at the Toronto Film Festival. CAA Finance is handling a U.S. sale.
Thomas Michael, Shayne Putzlocher and Sara Shaak are producing, and Lee Nelson, David Tish and Jason Moring are executive producing.
Anamorphic Media is financing the production. Double Dutch International’s TIFF slate includes The Doorman, starring Ruby Rose and Jean Reno, and The Virtuoso, starring Anthony Hopkins.
Rourke is repped by Framework Entertainment and APA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day