- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mickey Rourke is getting in the ring with APA. The Wrestler star has signed with the agency for representation.
Rourke started his career in Lawrence Kasdan’s hit feature film Body Heat, with other early career roles in Francis Ford Coppola’s Rumble Fish, Barfly, Angel Heart and the erotic thriller 9 1/2 Weeks, where he starred opposite Kim Basinger.
In the early ‘90s, Rourke left acting to try his hand at a career in professional boxing, retiring a few years later and returning to Hollywood.
He starred alongside Bruce Willis in Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez’s Sin City and gained major recognition for his role in Darren Aronofsky’s The Wrestler, which earned him Golden Globe and Oscar nominations.
The actor followed up The Wrestler with roles in blockbusters Iron Man 2 and The Expendables. Most recently, Rourke starred in the indie dramedy Ashby with Nat Wolff.
Rourke, who was previously repped by CAA, is also repped by Edelstein Laird.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day