- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mira Sorvino and Val Kilmer are set to star in Riptide, the crime drama from writer-director Shaun Hart and LA Independent Film and Entertainment.
The ensemble cast includes The Shield star Michael Chiklis, Clifton Collins, Jr. and Henry Thomas. The pic follows two sons of a biker drug trafficker who hold opposing views of their father’s lifestyle.
When the father’s operation is raided by the ATF, the youngest son looks to keep the business alive while the older son understands the threat that the surrounding competition and the cartel possess, all of whom look to prey on their instability and ultimately the entire family’s survival.
Riptide was co-written by Jonathan Meyers and Hart and will start filming in summer. Producer Sam Khoze, along with LA Independent Film and Entertainment, are producing the pic, as are Hart, Justin Steele and Natalie Kline.
Sorvino most recently appeared on Netflix comedy Lady Dynamite and made a guest appearance on ABC’s Modern Family. Kilmer is best known for starring turns in Top Gun, The Doors and Batman Forever, and had recent starring roles in The Super and Snowman.
Riptide reteams Kilmer and LA Independent Film and Entertainment after they worked together on the comedy feature 1st Born, which filmed last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day