- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Miranda Otto has boarded Annabelle 2, New Line’s sequel to its 2014 horror hit.
David Sandberg is directing the spinoff to New Line’s Conjuring franchise that has stewards James Wan and Peter Safran producing.
The script by Gary Dauberman tells of a dollmaker and his wife who, 20 years after the tragic death of their little girl, welcome a nun and several girls from a shuttered orphanage into their home. Soon, however, the nun and the girls become the target of the dollmaker’s possessed creation, Annabelle.
Otto will play the dollmaker’s wife, a disfigured recluse.
The movie will shoot next month in Los Angeles.
Otto will be seen on 24: Legacy, which will premiere on Fox after the Superbowl in February, and has appeared on Homeland and played Eowyn in Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings movies. She is repped by Gersh abd Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day