- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Cruise appears to be out of frequent flier miles in the first trailer for the forthcoming action film Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation.
The fifth installment in the Paramount franchise centers on spy Ethan Hunt (Cruise) and his team spanning the globe to track down a nefarious rogue syndicate.
“The syndicate is real — a rogue nation trained to do what we do,” Ethan says in the spot, which aired Sunday during NCAA basketball coverage.
The trailer’s must-see scene comes at the end, with Cruise clinging to the side of a jet as it ascends into the air.
The film was directed by Christopher McQuarrie and also stars Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Alec Baldwin and Rebecca Ferguson.
Paramount releases the film July 31, with a full trailer and poster set to debut Monday. The TV spot can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day