- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay scribe Peter Craig is reuniting with Jennifer Lawrence for the war drama It’s What I Do.
Craig has been tapped to pen Warner Bros.’ adaptation of Lynsey Addario’s memoir It’s What I Do: A Photographer’s Life of Love and War, which hit shelves Feb 5.
The memoir chronicles Addario’s experiences as a photographer who has spent time in numerous war zones ranging from Afghanistan to the Congo to Somalia. She is one of the few females in a predominantly male club and was once kidnapped while working in Libya. Lawrence is attached to portray her in the film.
Steven Spielberg, who on Wednesday zeroed in on Ready Player One as his next directing venture, is developing What I Do to direct it. Andrew Lazar is producing.
Craig made a splash when he co-wrote The Town, Ben Affleck’s adaptation of the Chuck Hogan novel. Since then he’s worked on projects big and small. He wrote the latest draft of Relativity’s Hunter Killer, the Gerard Butler thriller which just added Common and Billy Bob Thornton to its cast . Mockingjay – Part 2 hits theaters Nov. 20.
Craig is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day