- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Modern Family star Ty Burrell has signed on to voice Mr. Peabody in DreamWorks Animation’s Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
Max Charles, the tyke actor who plays a young Peter Parker in this summer’s The Amazing Spider-Man movie, is voicing Sherman.
The project is based on the characters created by Jay Ward, who was the producer behind the 1950s and 1960s cartoons Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Robert Downey Jr. was initially cast as the voice of Peabody, a white dog with genius-level intellect who travels in a time machine to witness historical events. Sherman is his human companion.
In the movie, Peabody and Sherman discover that someone has stolen the time traveling machine and is changing moments in history (to disastrous and comical results).
Rob Minkoff (The Lion King) is directing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show