- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – The Firm’s Molly Parker is taking a starring role in Hold Fast, the Canadian indie feature from director Justin Simms and producers Markham Street Films and Rock Island Productions.
Parker is to play an aunt in the dramatic feature about a young man forced to move away from his fishing village after his parents are killed in a car crash, and ending up on a road trip.
Adapted from Kevin Major’s novel of the same name, the coming-of-age tale also stars Avery Ash and Douglas Sullivan as the film’s young leads, with Taylor Vincent and Tim Myles rounding out the young cast.
PHOTOS: 10 Top-Grossing, Pre-‘Hunger Games’ International Film Franchises
Adult roles will also be filled by Aiden Flynn, Andy Jones and Des Walsh.
Hold Fast will start shooting on May 28 in Newfoundland, and received financing from the Newfoundland and Labrador Film Development Corporation, Telefilm Canada and Entertainment One, which will release the title domestically in 2013.
Rosemary House of Rock Island Productions adapted the screenplay for Hold Fast.
Rock Island and Markham Street Films are also behind Molly Parker’s directorial debut, The Ballad of Maura MacKenzie, with production set for spring 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day