- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Monica Bellucci is set to visit India for the first time when she attends the Mumbai Film Festival next month to be honored with a special award, organizers said Friday.
The event will also be screening some of her films, including On The Milky Road and Irreversible. In addition, at a masterclass session, Bellucci will be in conversation with Indian director Anurag Kashyap.
“I am very touched and honored to receive an award by the Mumbai Film Festival as well as presenting some of my films there,” Bellucci said, adding: “It is very exciting to come to India for the first time.”
Bellucci will be heading to Mumbai after visiting the San Sebastian Festival in Spain, which runs Sept. 22-30, where she will get the Donostia lifetime award.
As reported earlier, this year’s edition of the Mumbai festival will see British director John Madden (The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) serving as head of the international jury. The festival’s opening film will be Kashyap’s Mukkebaaz (The Brawler), which just premiered at Toronto and will next head to Busan.
The festival’s lineup features more than 200 films from 49 countries.
Organized by the Mumbai Academy of Moving Images, the 19th edition of the festival will run from Oct 12-18.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day