- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mo’Nique will get into the holiday spirit as one of the stars of Universal’s A Meyers Christmas.
The holiday-themed comedy, which also stars Gabrielle Union, Danny Glover and Jessie Usher, centers around an estranged family that is forced to come together for their first Christmas since the death of the family matriarch.
The family comedy will be helmed by Baggage Claim writer-director David E. Talbert, who also wrote the script. Universal has slated the film for release on November 11, 2016.
Will Packer will produce through his Universal-based Will Packer Productions, while Lyn Sisson-Talbert and Preston Holmes will executive produce alongside James F. Lopez, head of motion pictures at Will Packer Productions. Union and Jeff Morrone also are executive producing.
Kristin Lowe and Chloe Yellin will oversee A Meyers Christmas for the studio.
Mo’Nique, who won an Oscar for her work in 2009’s Precious, was recently seen as Ma Rainey in HBO’s biopic Bessie, for which she earned an Emmy nomination. Her other recent credits include Interwoven and Blackbird, both of which she also executive produced. She’s repped by Hicks Media and Anderson & Smith.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day