- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Monterey Media has acquired all North American rights to writer-director Sam Logan Khaleghi’s Approaching Midnight.
That deal replaces an earlier agreement that would have seen Lionsgate Home Entertainment, via a pact with Grindstone Entertainment, release the action thriller after the producer self-distributed the picture theatrically.
Approaching Midnight, starring Jana Kramer and Logan Khalegi, will now receive a charitable world premiere in Detroit on Aug. 27, 2013.
The Monterey Media DVD and digital release of the picture will then follow in October.
“Sam has done a wonderful job in his compelling use of exciting young actors to weave and draw us into the story,” Scott Mansfield, Monterey Media president, said in a statement on news of the acquisition.
Approaching Midnight portrays a U.S. army staff sergeant (Logan Khaleghi) who fights the threat of corruption and deception in his hometown after returning from battle.
The film also stars Mia Serafino, Dean Teaster, Brandon T. Jackson and Michelle Lynne Balser.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day