- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Summer camp is known for quite a few things: swimming in a lake, going on hikes, sleeping in cabins, building fires, and maybe most importantly seeing friends you haven’t seen in a while.
The new trailer for Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom is about summer camp, but also feels a whole lot like one of those rare opportunities when you get to see some of your favorite people all in one place at the same time.
The staple actors of Anderson’s films, Bill Murray and Jason Schwartzman, return, and some new faces, including Bruce Willis, Tilda Swinton, Edward Norton and Frances McDormand get to join in on the fun.
Moonrise Kingdom, which Anderson co-wrote with Roman Coppola, follows two kids (Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward) who are deeply in love, and run away to be together. That leaves their parents (Murray and McDormand), the scout leader (Norton) and the local sheriff (Willis) in a panic, albeit a quirky one, as they try to find the star-crossed lovers.
From the trailer, it’s clear that this film has all the whimsy and visual quirkiness that fans of Anderson have come to expect and adore. Focus Features’ Moonrise Kingdom is set for a May 25 release.
Watch the trailer below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day