- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adria Arjona has found a new role to sink her teeth into.
The Pacific Rim: Uprising star is in early talks to appear opposite Jared Leto in Morbius, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Sony had no comment on the casting.
Scandinavian filmmaker Daniel Espinosa, who helmed the sci-fi thriller Life, is directing Morbius. The film has a script by Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama, the team behind Netflix’s Lost in Space remake. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach will produce with Lucas Foster.
Arjona previously starred as Dorothy on NBC’s Emerald City. Coming up, she has Michael Bay’s 6 Underground, opposite Ryan Reynolds, as well as Triple Frontier, opposite Charlie Hunnam and Ben Affleck.
The notion Sony’s universe of Spider-Man characters succeeding without Spider-Man at its center was given a big boost in October after Tom Hardy’s Venom overperformed at the box office. It has earned more than $852 million globally. The studio has the animated Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in theaters this weekend.
Arjona is repped by UTA.
—Graeme McMillan contributed to this story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day