- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Homeland star Morena Baccarin has nabbed the female lead in Deadpool, Fox’s action movie based on the Marvel character.
Tim Miller is directing the action-adventure project, which stars Ryan Reynolds as an assassin who undergoes a procedure to cure his cancer that ends up leaving him twisted and scarred but also imbued with superpowers.
T.J. Miller and Gina Carano are already attached to the project, which is eyeing a March shoot and is slated for an early 2016 release.
Baccarin was one of a handful of actresses shortlisted for the role of Reynolds’ character’s love interest. The character grapples with falling for a man with a hideously scarred face.
The film is based on a script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Simon Kinberg is producing with Lauren Shuler Donner.
On the film side, Baccarin will appear in Paul Feig‘s upcoming action-comedy Spy, opposite Melissa McCarthy. Her previous TV work includes Showtime’s hit Homeland (which garnered her an Emmy nomination) and Fox’s Gotham, on which she currently stars. She’s repped by UTA, Seven Summits and Jackoway Tyerman.
Read more Ryan Reynolds Teases ‘Deadpool‘ Costume
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day