- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Get over here!
The trailer for Mortal Kombat dropped Thursday — and no punches were pulled. In fact, a few went through skulls in the red band trailer. Almost three minutes long, the preview features fan-favorite characters from the popular video game franchise that first hit the big screen in the mid-’90s.
Two versions of the trailer were released. The red band (adults only) trailer highlighted how graphic the film will be — which perfectly matches the blood-soaked video game series. The film will give a look into characters’ backstories, such as Scorpion. Fans also learn how Jax lost his arms.
The cast includes Ludi Lin as Liu Kang, Jessica McNamee as Sonya Blade, Josh Lawson as Kano, Joe Taslim as Sub-Zero, Mehcad Brooks as Jackson “Jax” Briggs and Lewis Tan in a mystery role. The film is from first-time director Simon McQuoid with James Wan producing.
The Warner Bros. picture will hit theaters and stream exclusively on HBO Max on April 16.
Watch the red band trailer below.
— Mortal Kombat Movie (@MKMovie) February 18, 2021
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day