- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The WABAC machine is back in the first U.S. trailer for Mr. Peabody & Sherman.
The film, directed by Lion King helmer Rob Minkoff, stars Modern Family‘s Ty Burrell as “the world’s most extraordinary dog,” while Max Charles (The Amazing Spider-Man) voices Sherman.
EARLIER: ‘Modern Family’s’ Ty Burrell Voicing Peabody in DWA’s ‘Peabody and Sherman’
The characters were created by animator Ted Key and appeared regularly on Rocky and His Friends and The Bullwinkle Show in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
The trailer shows a time-traveling device called the WABAC being discovered, leading the duo to traverse across ancient Egypt, Greece and other locales. The movie, originally slated to release in Nov., was pushed back to March 7, 2014.
Stephen Colbert, Allison Janney and Leslie Mann are among the voice cast of the DreamWorks Animation film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day