- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mr. Robot breakout Martin Wallstrom will star opposite Bel Powley in Ashes in the Snow, a World War II drama based on the best-seller Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys.
The movie, to be directed by Marius Markevicius, is a coming-of-age tale of 16-year-old Lina Vilkas (Powley) who is deported to Siberia amid Stalin’s reign of terror in the Baltic region during WWII. An aspiring artist, she secretly documents her harrowing journey with her drawings.
Wallstrom is the movie’s male lead, playing a Soviet officer taunted for being Ukrainian, who befriends the young girl and her mother. He is a face of kindness in an otherwise cold environment.
Markevicius is producing with Jonathan Schwartz of Super Crispy Entertainment and Zilvinas Naujokas of Tauras Films.
Wallstrom is a Swedish actor who broke out with his turn as a scheming exec on USA’s acclaimed hit show, Mr. Robot. He is repped by UTA, Principato Young, Gang Tyre and Agent Firman in Sweden.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day