- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Iron Man is getting an award.
MTV announced Thursday that Robert Downey Jr. will receive the MTV Generation Award during the 2015 MTV Movie Awards.
The Marvel actor’s honor will be presented by his Avengers: Age of Ultron co-stars: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner.
Additionally, the cast will premiere a 90-second clip from Joss Whedon‘s upcoming sequel during the telecast.
The MTV Generation Award honors actors who have engaged the MTV audience throughout their careers. Past recipients include Mark Wahlberg, Jamie Foxx, Johnny Depp, Reese Witherspoon, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Sandra Bullock, Mike Myers, Tom Cruise and Jim Carrey.
Downey Jr. will be honored alongside Comedic Genius recipient Kevin Hart and Trailblazer Award recipient Shailene Woodley. Hosted by Amy Schumer, the awards show will also feature appearances by Miles Teller, Reese Witherspoon, Vin Diesel, Sofia Vergara and Jimmy Kimmel.
The 2015 MTV Movie Awards airs live on Sunday, April 12, at 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT from Nokia Theater L.A. Live in Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day