- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MTV said Thursday that it has scheduled a pre-recorded special in lieu of the MTV Movie & TV Awards as a result of the pandemic.
MTV Movie & TV Awards: Greatest of All Time will honor “the biggest and best moments in film and television from the ’80s until now.” It also will feature performances and exclusive clips from some of the most anticipated 2021 releases, MTV said.
Vanessa Hudgens will host the 90-minute special, premiering at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Sunday, Dec. 6. Performers, honorees and more details will be announced at a later date.
Meanwhile, MTV said it’s eyeing an “epic return” for the MTV Movie & TV Awards in 2021 with a “weekend event takeover.” More details on that also will be announced at a later date.
Exec producers for the Greatest of All Time special are MTV’s Bruce Gillmer, Wendy Plaut and Vanessa Whitewolf with Den of Thieves co-founder Jesse Ignjatovic and Barb Bialkowski. Jackie Barba and Alicia Portugal are executives in charge of production, and Lisa Lauricella is the music talent executive.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day