- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After the success of Maze Runner ($32.5 million domestic debut and $152.2 worldwide to date), Fox immediately dated the sequel and has Scorch Trials in preproduction. Director Wes Ball is back for the sequel as are the producers, Temple Hill Entertainment and the Gotham Group. Dylan O’Brien will return to star, and Kaya Scodelario and Thomas Brodie-Sangster will reprise their roles.
The Scorch Trials, the second book in James Dashner‘s trilogy, hit shelves in October 2010, published by Delacorte Press. It centers on the teen boys (and one girl) who escaped the deadly maze and are now faced with a new set of challenges for survival in a futuristic world ravaged by devastation and disease.
Lofland will play Aris Jones, a significant character from Dashner’s second novel. After The Gladers escape the maze, they meet Aris and discover his connection to the maze and the people who built it.
Lofland had a memorable performance as Neckbone in Mud, opposite Matthew McConaughey, and has also appeared on TV series Justified. He starred in Little Accidents, which premiered at Sundance, opposite Elizabeth Banks, and will appear in History’s Texas Rising, detailing the Texas Revolution, which will premiere Memorial Day 2015. He’s repped by ICM Partners and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day