- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Also joining the cast of the Warner Bros. movie are Rene Russo, Girls actor Andrew Rannells, Workaholics co-creator Anders Holm, Nat Wolff (The Fault in Our Stars), Linda Lavin (Wanderlust) and Christina Scherer (Living With Uncle Charlie).
Meyers wrote the script, which centers on a 70-year-old widower (De Niro) who discovers that retirement isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Wanting to get back in the game, he becomes a senior intern at an online fashion site, run by Hathaway’s character.
Pearlman will play a newly hired intern whom De Niro takes under his wing.
Adam DeVine and Reid Scott are already on board the movie.
Pearlman is a comedian on the rise and is coming off of wrapping the first 10 episodes of the Fox comedy series Mulaney. He will return to the show after his production stint on Intern.
Pearlman also recently wrapped reshoots on the Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn-produced feature Staten Island Summer, in which he appears alongside Kate Walsh, Gina Gershon and Ashley Greene. Paramount is due to release the movie in 2015.
Pearlman is repped by ICM Partners, Principato-Young Entertainment and Stone Meyer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day