- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Let the fur and fuzzies fly.
Having already goofed on a whole host of summer blockbusters, from Breaking Dawn to Green Lantern, in the runup to The Muppets November release, Disney has gone back to the pop culture well to promote Kermit and friends one more time. This time, the joke is on The Hunger Games, Gary Ross‘s upcoming adaptation of the first in Suzanne Collins‘ best-selling teen warfare novel series.
Knowing quite well that it’d be hard to make the friendly puppets seem fierce — save for Miss Piggy, of course — Disney instead laughs at the idea of an epic battle between its family-friendly stars. Then again, Katniss has probably never faced down the prospect of a comedian bear in fart shoes.
The Muppets hits DVD on March 20, just ahead of The Hunger Games March 23 release. May the odds — and puppeteers — be ever in your favor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day