- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A 30-year-old man has been charged with second-degree murder in the stabbing death of E’Dena Hines, the 33-year-old step-granddaughter of actor Morgan Freeman.
NBC News in New York reports that Lamar Davenport, believed to have been Hines’ boyfriend and an aspiring actor and rapper, is accused of stabbing her to death near her New York home in Washington Heights on Sunday morning.
Paramedics took Hines to Harlem Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Hines is the granddaughter of Freeman’s first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw. The actor was married to Bradshaw from 1967 to 1979. Hines regularly accompanied Freeman to red-carpet and other events.
In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Freeman said about Hines: “The world will never know her artistry and talent, and how much she had to offer. Her friends and family were fortunate enough to have known what she meant as a person. Her star will continue to shine bright in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. May she rest in peace.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day