- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Music Box Films has picked up U.S. rights to Becoming Astrid, Pernille Fischer Christensen’s biopic about Swedish children’s writer Astrid Lindgren, the author of Pippi Longstocking.
Becoming Astrid, which stars newcomer Alba August as the young Astrid Lindgren, premiered in competition at the Berlin International Film Festival last month.
TrustNordisk, which is handling international sales for the film, also closed deals with Caramel Films for Spain, Aurora Films for Poland and Shoval Film Production for Israel. Becoming Astrid has already sold to multiple territories, including to DCM for German-speaking Europe and DD Dream for China.
Anna Anthony and Maria Dahlin produced Becoming Astrid for Avanti Film with Lars G. Lindstrom for Nordisk Film Production Sweden in co-production with Film i Väst, TV4, Nordisk Film Production Denmark and DCM Pictures.
The film will bow in Sweden in September.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day