- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vanessa Ray and Arian Moayed have joined the cast of Rumperbutts, a music-themed indie that is currently shooting with Marc Brener at the helm.
Jason Hammel and Kori Gardner Hammel, of the band Mates of State, are toplining the picture, about a married, indie band duo forced to take a job on a children’s show called Rumperbutts. They find money and success, but not happiness. The pair gets a second chance after the appearance of a mysterious figure (Josh Brener).
On top of directing, Marc Brener is producing and also wrote the script. The feature is Brener’s follow-up to his 2012 short Say It Ain’t Solo, which took best direction and best of the fest at the Los Angeles Comedy Festival and whose cast included Malin Akerman, Jason Alexander, Emmanuelle Chriqui and Christopher Lloyd.
Also producing is Dena Hysell of Rumpus Room Productions (The Factory). The Hammels are composing the soundtrack as well as the score for the film.
Ray is coming off a stint on ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars.
Moayed has appeared in several TV shows but might be best known for his performance in Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo, for which he snagged a Tony nomination.
Brener, Ray and Moayed are repped by Gersh.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America