- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Rumperbutts, a music-centric indie starring the band Mates of State, has sold to Mance Media, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Mance has picked up worldwide rights to writer-director Marc Brener‘s comedy and is set to release it in theaters May 22. An HD and 4K Ultra HD release is also planned.
The film stars Kori Gardner and Jason Hammel (both of Mates of State) as a married pair of struggling bandmates who find success but not fulfillment on a children’s TV show. Soon, they encounter an enigmatic stranger (Silicon Valley‘s Josh Brener), who has an intriguing offer.
“It’s a love story about not giving up on what matters most and figuring out what’s important in one’s life,” said Marc Brener. “I’m so excited that this film has found such a wonderful home.”
Dena Hysell of Rumpus Room Productions and BB Productions’ Marc Brener produced the film, which also stars Arian Moayed (Rosewater) and Vanessa Ray (Pretty Little Liars).
“We could not be more thrilled to be distributing The Rumperbutts this year,” Mance Media CEO Matthew Mancinelli said. “The hilarious musical comedy is not to be missed.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day