- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – France’s Senorita Films has secured French-language remake rights to the Canadian theatrical comedy My Awkward Sexual Adventure, about a conservative accountant who hires an exotic dancer to boost his sexual skills to win back an unsatisfied ex-girlfriend.
Director Sean Garrity’s cinematic tour of strip clubs, sensual massage parlors and S&M stars Jonas Chernick, Emily Hampshire, Vik Sahay and Sarah Manninen.
Seoul-based Zamie Pictures also optioned the Korean-language remake rights for South Korea to the Canadian film from producers julijette inc. and Banana-Moon Sky Films.
Entertainment One earlier acquired the distribution rights in France to My Awkward Sexual Adventure, while Joy-N Contents will release the picture in South Korea.
Tribeca Films picked up the U.S. rights to the Canadian comedy that bowed at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.
Brady Bowen of Archstone Distribution negotiated the remake option deals for the film’s producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day